Acid tank products have 3 different production types. These production types
- Vinylester Chemical Tanks
- Polyethylene Acid Tanks
- PVC + Vinylester Chemical Tanks
Acid Tank (Chemical Tanks)
Acid tanks or chemical tanks are tanks with high chemical resistance, specially produced for the storage of chemicals with a high degree of acid or other corrosive power. The difference between these tanks is the chemical structure of the raw material used.
Vinylester (Epoxy) Tanks
Our tanks consisting of the combination of glass fiber and vinylester resin allow the stocking of certain concentrated and temperature chemicals. You can see resistance values for each acid types on Resistance Table
Vinylester acid tanks can be produced horizontally, vertically or prismatically. This feature provides you with multiple alternatives. In addition, it supply many advantages for choosing best tank through the external level indicator, free flange outlets and possibility of placing the many equipments.
There is no volume limitation for vinyl ester acid tank products. Up to 100 tons in all volumes production can be provided.
Polyethylene Acid Tanks
Polyethylene raw material is a kind of thermoplastic with high chemical resistance. Our products will be your solution partner for the stocking of your chemicals, with the thickness and the amount of material increased according to the concentrate ratio of the chemical to be stocked. For polyethylene acid tank dimensions, you can see polyethylene water tank dimensions.
PVC + Vinyl ester Acid Tanks
PVC is a strong polyvinyl chloride material which shows resistance against all acid types. These products, which are mostly used in strong acid types such as sulfuric acid, are coated with vinylester resin. The reason for this is to protect the fragile structure of PVC.
|1. Step||2. Step||3. Step||4. Step|
|PVC material is shaped as cylindrical or prismatic in desired dimensions and then it is abraded by sanding the outer surface for abrasion of the surface gloss.||With the glass fiber and vinyl ester epoxy resin on the abraded surface, the coating is made according to the volume of the tank.||After coating, the surface roughness is cleaned and ready for painting.||After the product is painted, the connection equipment is installed and transferred to the shipment.|
The details that must be specified before acid tank order
There are chemical values that you must specify when requesting an acid tank price or when ordering. These stock values must be fully matched, otherwise you may experience problems.
- Acid Species: You must specify the type of acid to be stocked. Acid tank thickness and raw material selection will be determined accordingly acid type.
- Acid Temperature: The temperature value of the acid to be used must be stated. The raw material resistance, after a certain temperature, may be inadequate. Therefore, it is important to report the temperature value. Polyethylene chemical tanks should not be used for over 70 degrees. The temperature resistance for vinyl ester products varies according to the acid type. For PVC tanks the ambient temperature should not be exceeded.
- Acid Density: The concentration of acid to be stocked should be indicated in%. For example, 100% thickness is increased for a sulfuric acid polyethylene storage tank of 98%, while a 50% thickness increasing is sufficient for the storage of caustic acid in %50 density. For vinyl ester tanks you can see the required values in the resistance table.
Why Izoplas Acid Tanks?
Izoplas is the first producer of Vinyl ester acid tanks and has been producing for 34 years. The product warranty period and the product details that we present you will be a guarantee for you. We never manufacture products that we cannot guarantee. We also work with the best and most reliable raw material suppliers in Turkey.
- In particular, according to the type of acid to be used for vinylester acid tanks, we ensure production by obtaining approval from the authorities of Boytek A.Ş.
- We provide our equipments with PİMTAŞ assurance.
- We provide 5 years warranty for other acid tank products for 2 years for polyethylene acid tanks.
- We offer alternative solutions to ensure the most suitable product.
Some of our Acid Tank References
| || |
Types of Acid Tank We Manufacture
What is Acid?
Acids are hydrogen compounds that produce hydrogen ions with water. Hydrogen ions make the solution acidic. Acids give a red color to blue litmus paper. In ancient Turkish raw materials and some sources are called “ekşit”.
Most foods contain acid. There is citric acid in vinegar and acetic acid in lemon. It gives a sharp taste to different acids, lemon, vinegar, sour apple and sherbet. Batteries contain sulfuric acid and the digestive fluids in the stomach contain hydrochloric acid. Acids are substances that produce hydrogen ions when they dissolve in water. Most acid substances, even if they are found as pure solids, liquids or gases, react only as acid when water dissolves.
Acids are compounds that release hydrogen ions to the solution. All acids contain hydrogen. Generally;
- The flavors are sour.
- They turn the litmus paper into red.
- When they react with bases they form salt and water.
- They have a flammable affect when contact skin.
- They do not change the color when the fenoflate is dripped.
There are also other very different features. These specific properties are due to anion content and unallocated molecules. The molecules of various acids tend to release different amounts of free hydrogen into the solution.